September 6, 2002
Pre 9-11 Horrors
We focus on the horror of 9/11, ignoring (for
the most part ignorant of) like treacheries throughout human
- The cruel and treacherous slaughter of the
entire town of Shechem by Jacob's sons (Genesis 34).
- The ceaseless monster campaigns of the
ancient empires - Sumeria, Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia.
- The slaughter of the Canaanites after
Joshua led his band across the Jordan - at God's bidding
- The destruction of the Egyptians through
plagues and drowning in the Red Sea - again, commanded by
- The burning of Rome.
- The conquering and massacring armies, the
Romans, Alexander, Asoka, Nero, Genghis Khan, Attila,
Tamerlane, the Crusades, colonization and imperialization
of Africa and India.
- The World Wars - suitably ended by the
total destruction of 2 large Japanese cities and most of
their inhabitants - hundreds of thousands of casualties -
committed by (ahem) us, with our very own "weapons
of mass destruction".
- The raining of fire upon Tokyo and Dresden
- The purges - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot.
- The constant killings and vengeance
killings and vengeance killings and vengeance killings
and ... between Palestinians and Jews for over 50 years
greatly surpasses the US's loss in September 2001.
- And then we have the ultimate in mass
destruction - the Flood of Noah, committed by none other
than God himself.
And what of Oklahoma City, Columbine, Waco? We
the sheltered have finally tasted the grand evils of the human
heart in our homeland. (Pearl Harbor certainly was a mind-blower,
- Lone Coyote Calls